About Kelly Scotti
About Kelly Scotti
After receiving a Bachelors Degree in Psychology and doing graduate studies in Biopsychology and Behavioral Neuroscience, Kelly Scotti, CHHC, RYT200, received her training as a Health Coach from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition from 2005-2007. She has studied over 100 dietary theories, practical lifestyle management techniques, and innovative coaching methods with some of the world’s top health and wellness experts. Her teachers have included Dr. Andrew Weil, Director of the Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine; Dr. Deepak Chopra, leader in the field of mind-body medicine; Dr. David Katz, Director of Yale University’s Prevention Research Center; Dr. Walter Willett, Chair of Nutrition at Harvard University; Geneen Roth, bestselling author and expert on emotional eating; and many other nutrition authorities.
Kelly's has also been a yoga teacher since 2010. Her initial 250 hours of training in Yoga came from the Saraswati River Yoga tradition and Childlight Yoga. She has gone on to study with Shiva Rea, Bo Forbes, Sadie Nardini, Seane Corne, Ana Forrest, Elena Brower, Cameron Shayne (Budokon Yoga), Leslie Kaminoff, and regularly attends Wanderlust and the annual Yoga Journal Conference. She has teaching experience in Hatha Yoga, Vinyasa Flow, Children's Yoga, Partner Yoga, and Restorative. She loves acro- and aerial yoga, and teaching students how to laugh and let go in her class. Kelly also teaches The GROOVE, a dance class unlike any other, with simple steps coupled with your unique self expression, and good for all ages, sizes, and abilities.
Kelly created Flying Dragon Wellness in 2006 to offer coaching services to her local and internet community and continues to grow and learn with mentors that help her get to the top of her game. In her practice, Kelly coaches women to get to their happy place through nutritional upgrades, mindset shifts, movement, meditation, and her own personal magic.
As Seen In:
FamilyGroove.com Contributor, 2005-2007 (partial article archive ); Speak Your Inspiration Interview with Jessica Daniels: On Teaching Yoga | Dirty Dozen, Updated (pg 46, 48)
Hi! I'm Kelly!
I'm the CIO (Chief Inspiration Officer/Coach Extraordinaire) of Flying Dragon Wellness, as well as ...
a silly and sassy yogini who loves to travel and try new things (especially those that get my heart pumping), who struggles with addiction to diet soda and Bravo TV, as well as bouts of anxiety and depression, AND who above all else, LOVEs life and sharing my gifts of intuition and insight.
I'm here to help you feel amazing in your own skin. No fancy creams, no crazy schemes, just self loving, good food, a little change in your self talk, moving and grooving your body, and away we go.
I can also hook you up with some yoga, a little energy work (Reiki), some fun facts about food, GMOs, why you really should spend the extra for organics, and the best way to bargain at a garage sale (trust me, its must have info!).
Fun facts about me-Find out how silly, sassy, and sexy I really am:
1) I turned 40 in Nov 2012 and threw myself a huge online bash, with lots of dancing and dishing. In honor of my birthday, over 40 of my fabulous coaching friends gave me gifts to give to my tribe, and they are still available for you.
2) In the last five years, I have completed 5 Sprint Triathlons, 1 Olympic Triathlon, 1 10 mile run, a 1.5 mile open water swim, and a half marathon. Funny thing is, I don't like to run....and for the 10 mile run and open water swim, I did no training before it. Manifested the finish and so it was.
3) I love being out in nature, it's a soothing balm to my soul.
4) I was on anti-depressants for years. They made me anxious so I had to take anti-anxiety meds. I'm happy to say I've been prescription med free for the past 7 years! Now if I feel a depression, I use it as a guide to becoming more balanced, and ensuring my needs are met (and making sure I take my supplements and stay off Aspartame!).
5) I have an I'M POSSIBLE list. Nothing is impossible if I put my mind and focus on it.
6) If I'm ever feeling down or jealous or unloved, to lift myself back up, I ask myself this: What would I do right now if I was happy or free or loved beyond measure (the opposite of how I'm feeling)? It helps everytime.
7) When I drive, I have a mantra: Fast, Free, Safe, Easy, Fun...I avoid road rage, people magically move out of my way when I want them too, I never get a ticket (though I do speed a little), and I'm accident free. I love my mantra...I also use, 'breathe out compassion' when someone cuts me off, and 'surrender' when I'm rushing and stressing.
8) My favorite Kombucha helps me stave off my diet soda cravings.
9) I can make Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream with Spinach and Avocado.
10) I can make my fabulous greens, beans, and cheese dish in 7 minutes. All it takes is a bunch of Bok Choy (or Kale), 2 cans of BPA free Cannellini beans (soaked to avoid gas), and 6 oz of feta cheese. Yum! Side note: Quinoa, GMO free edamame and feta is delicious and easy too!
11) I am a scanner (aka polymath, renaissance lady, or as Tia Sparkles calls it, a Sparkler). In other words, I have lots of great ideas, lots of varied interests, lots of life experiences, and lots of overwhelm to manage.
12) My favorite green smoothie is kale and strawberries (sometimes mixed with a little Borlean's Peach Mango Oil).
13) I love to dance, so much so that I got certified to teach bodyGROOVE. If you see me in a local park dancing in the field-wave, or join me!
14) I love to read. I've been known to forgo work and bodily functions to stay in bed with a book, and can finish 500 pages in less than a day...
15) I've skydived twice. First time, awesome. Second time, I noticed that I don't really enjoy the chafing enough to do it again...next stop, hang gliding!
16) I've backpacked Europe twice. I love hostelling, meeting new people, and exploring local hangouts that might not make it into the guide books. This summer I hope to introduce this type of traveling to my two sons, as we travel the US in my minivan. Stay tuned for details.
17) I've been married for almost eleven years. For our 10 year anniversary, we went to Costa Rica (without the kids!) and enjoyed hot springs, hiking a volcano, Level III-IV whitewater rafting, surfing, yachting with friends, and zip lining over the rainforest. So fun and fabulous!
18) I put a Honda Odyssey on my vision board in 2007. I got it in 2008, and it's the first car I've ever financed. Now, no more opening the doors for the kids, no more banging the car doors on other cars while trying to buckle my little guy in, and with the seats down in the back, its garage sale manna heaven (and pretty comfy with a blow up comforter in the back when I don't want to stop and get a room when traveling).
19) Parenting my sons is the most rewarding and challenging thing I've ever done. Daily I work to infuse patience, creativity, love, laughter, discipline, compassion, hugs and kisses, even-temperedness, and delicious nutritious food into my sons' lives.
20) Im an INFJ (yes, an introvert!). I sometimes have to talk myself into attending social functions, though every time I do, I find I am rewarded with great conversation, mind expansion, and lots of delicious food and drink.
21) I am highly sensitive. To smells, sounds, energy. I have lots of tools to help me manage, and they're helping my oldest son, who's like me, cope as well. A great example: when I start to feel someone else's energy affect me, like someone crying, normally I tear up as well... then I say to myself: That's not mine. The tears clear up and I'm fine almost immediately. Still empathetic, but not in it.
22) I am an information hoarder. At any one time, I have between 15-30 tabs open on my internet browser, making sure I read everything that strikes my fancy, and every day, I add a few more. I love it, and it drives me a little crazy too.
23) I've gone to Munich for a two day weekend to go to Octoberfest. I also flew to Prague on my own without any plans to celebrate my 27th birthday.
24) TMI alert!!!! I've had fun (read: sex) in a corn field during a Century (100 mile) bike tour, in a cemetary in Germany, and on a plane to Hawaii to celebrate my honeymoon.
25) Glitter is now my prozac. I love bling and diamond rings.
26) I intend to meditate every day. Most days, this means a moving meditation (read: dishes, long walks, laundry, web surfing, and sometimes even watching tv), though I try for a seated meditation at least once a week.
27) I love serving my clients, and being a conduit to their transformations. I hold space for them to acknowledge and celebrate everything I already know them to be/have.
Kelly is a talented counselor. She provides accountability, support, guidance, and gentle exploration at a level of comfort determined by the client. Kelly’s confident yet friendly, non-intrusive style cultivated an easy willingness to open up about my health and business challenges. At each session, Kelly encouraged me to delve just a little deeper without dwelling on anything negative. Surprisingly, I began looking forward to each session with great anticipation - anxious to share my successes, dissect newly acknowledged challenges, and uncover possible recommendations together. As a result of her coaching, I was able to improve my sleep habits, identify harmful eating patterns, and overcome inner obstacles to grow my business with confidence. Working with Kelly is like having a good old-fashioned chat with your best girlfriend who happens to be a highly capable, sensitive, invested, professional life coach. Best of all, she has the ability to make you laugh while you chip away at the blockages obscuring your unique potential.
Aqiylah Collins, Founder and CEO, Qi to Wellness
Before working with Kelly, I struggled with believing I had enough time to do more of the good things my body thrives on, as well as finding EASY AND healthy alternatives to eat to stay away from starchy foods. I was overwhelmed with the amount of choices in alternative/nutritional health care – everyone and everything telling you THEIR product or service is best sometimes prevented me from choosing anything at all.
As a result of working with Kelly, I give myself permission to try new things, to make time for myself, to celebrate good choices and forget bad ones, and to live a more healthy and fulfilled life one day and one choice at a time. I enjoyed Kelly's easygoing and warm manner that puts you right at ease, her encouragement and support for making changes in my life and for what I was already doing, and her excitement and enthusiasm for what she does.
My favorite thing about Kelly is her zest for life and her passion for helping others by teaching them fundamental principles to serve their health needs throughout their lives. She simply loves her work and it shows in everything she does.
-Gwen Gardner, Chiropractor
Founder and Director, Gardner Family Chiropractic Center
I have learned in my quest for greatness that if I work hard enough, I can achieve anything I put my mind, heart and soul in to. Through Kelly's guidance, I see myself as a woman of Purpose, Courage, Strength, and Love. I believe now that I was that woman all this time.
If I get off track, sway, or indulge in bad habits, I just pick myself up and start all over again. Kelly made me see its OK! That is the most beautiful gift about Life that God has given us. Each day we are alive we get to begin again.
Through my counseling, I have been given tools to change old habits and make new ones that will make me healthy, wealthy, and wise. I now have the tools to make my life not just liveable and tolerable, but Great!
I'm not afraid! I can do it! I am successful! Thank you Kelly!
-Betty Daniels, Businesswoman
Kelly is invested in motivating her clients to be the best they can be, do the best they can do, and to feel better than they ever thought possible. She is sensitive, intuitive and effective as she responds to the individual needs of each of her clients. With Kelly's support and guidance, her clients achieve sustainable results as they realize their personal goals.
JoAnne Richards, Owner, Whole Wellness, LLC
Kelly's whole body and nutritional knowledge is equal to her friendly and nurturing personality. I highly recommend her for your health and nutrition guidance.
-Kelly Thomke, JourneyDance Instructor
Kelly is my secret weapon. I don't want to share her!
-Anne, Superstar Health Coach, Raw Foods Chef